LT 095 | My SFGII Preparation & Experience - Joe DeLeo
In this week's podcast interview my good friend Allan Phillips takes over the reins as guest host of the LEO Training Podcast to interview me.
I share my journey and preparation for the StrongFirst Level II Kettlebell Certification that I attended in King of Prussia, PA on September 23-24, 2017. You will learn what specific training protocols I utilized to prepare for the certification. In addition to my preparation I also recorded a short 15-20 minute recap of my experience with my good friend Dr. Matt Rice. Matt and I attended the SFG II together and provided a breakdown of our thoughts, feelings, and emotions of the weekend with an improptu interview we conducted in the hotel room.
Here are 3 Key Takeaways you will learn:
- Why I made the choice to lose 30 pounds and go from 211 pounds to 181 pounds. This all started when I met Mark Allen at the Fit Soul-Fit Body Seminar April 29-30, 2017. Note: This has nothing to do with the SFG II Strength Standard and was influenced by several health and training factors.
- The impact endurance training has on strength training and balancing these 2 energy systems.
- How much the SFG II Certification enrichs and deepens your knowledge of the kettlebell.
- SFG II Prep
- My background
- Why I decided to lose 30 pounds and go from 211 pounds to sub 185 for the SFG II
- How I lost the body fat through diet and aerobic training
- How moving 1200 miles, changing cities, starting a new job, and training has a massive effect on one's stress levels.
- Rapid Fire
- SFG II Weekend with Matt Rice
- Impact of travel
- Thoughts/Feedback on Day 1
- Thoughts/Feedback on Day 2
- How our preparation fared with the demands of the weekend