In Episode #116 of the LEO Training Podcast, I interview world record holder and entrepreneur Juliane Rasmussen.
The third interview in our lightweight series is with Juliane Rasmussen. Juliane has a long and storied career and has competed in four olympic games beginning in Athens and through to the Rio Olympic Games. She has earned multiple medals at world cups and world championships in the lightweight women’s double and lightweight women’s quad.
Juliane and I discuss her consistent success over so many years while starting a family as well as entrepreneurial endeavors with a company she co-founded, Athletes Own.
Photo Credit: Büro Jantzen
- Started rowing in 1999
- How did you start?
- Rowed until 2012 Olympics then 3 year break
- How did you manage training around family and work?
- Set the Lightweight Women’s 2K Record this past Sunday at Crash B’s on Sunday Feb 17th, 2019 with a 7:05.3
- Culture | A lot of clubs not popular at university/college level.
- If you could race another boat class other than the LW2x, what would it be and why?
- If you could row with any rowing athletes from any era and in any boat class who would you pick and why?
- What solutions would you propose to FISA to keep lightweight rowing beyond the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- What is Area 9?
- Tell us about the clothing company that you and your wife created and why.
Share your thoughts with me on social media: