Phil White - Waterman 2.0
In Episode #109 of the LEO Training Podcast, I interview Phil White.
Phil is an emmy-nominated writer and has co-authored the books UnPlugged, Waterman 2.0, and Game Changer with Fergus Connolly. He is also a frequent contributor to The Inertia and SUP the Mag.
Waterman 2.0 gives paddlers, surfers and rowers of all ages and abilities a one-stop guide to understanding:
- Basic movement baselines for optimal and sustainable performance on and off the water
- How to identify and fix weakest links, and become faster, stronger and more resilient
- Mobility techniques to help prevent, assess and address soft tissue, joint and sliding surface issues
- Common errors that lead to pain and performance limitations
- Corrective strategies that enhance movement patterns and unlock more speed and endurance
- Lifestyle adaptations that enable better preparation, training and racing
- Tactics for more effective recovery, hydration and sleep
Waterman 2.0 also features unique insights and tips from more than 30 of the world's top watermen and women, including Laird Hamilton, Kai Lenny, Emily Jackson-Troutman and Paige Alms.
- The Standards
- How did Kelly come up with these?
- Standard 1 | Achieve and Maintain a Stable Spine
- Standard 2 | Can You Hinge from the Hips without sacrificing stiffness?
- OH Squat