Steve Milles has competitive and coaching experience in muay Thai spanning more than two decades. As a competitor he won a bronze medal representing the US at the International Amateur Muay Thai Federation World Championships in Bangkok, Thailand. After turning professional Steve captured the World Kickboxing Association and International Sport Kickboxing Association US Champion belts as well as the Intercontinental Champion title for the US Muay Thai Association, battling current and former world champions in North America, Europe and Asia. He retired with a professional record of 20 wins, 8 losses and 2 draws. Steve holds the following credentials in addition to his impressive fighting background.
- StrongFirst SFG Team Leader
- Tactical Strength SBS
- FMS Level 1 Functional Movement Specialist
- CICS Indian Club Specialist
- GroundForce Method Level 1 Instructor
Here is what you will learn in this episode:
- Emily & Steve's background in fighting
- How the kettlebell helped them rehab from injuries and improve performance
- How Five Points Academy integrates strength training with their fighters that are competing
- Before and after effects of utilizing the kettlebell into a fighters program
- Why is endurance important to a fighter?
- Vegan diet as a fighter and its benefits
- and much more!